Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bonus post: more Sunday satisfaction!

Here are some pictures of the awesome dessert we had today, made from this recipe for Baked Apples. The first picture shows pre-baking. The recipe is very simple - just core your apples and fill with cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter. I added candied walnuts.

Prior to baking
 When they're ready to bake, you add a little bit of boiling water to the pan to keep them from drying out. We used our favorite pampered-chef stone for these.

After baking
I hear this is really good with ice cream...I wouldn't know since I'm currently dieting! But even just one apple with a little sugar was a treat very worthy of my calories today.

Just like an apple pie!

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. So glad you liked the apples. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm yumm ! Great recipe!


    dressforclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks extremely delicious! I may try that tonight.

    ReplyDelete